The best transit management software available needs to make scheduling easy and efficient while providing transit agencies with the tools necessary to maximize their fleet resources.
Here are5 features that every transit scheduling software should have:
1. Ability to schedule based on least-cost provider, most efficient routing or a combination of the two:The best transit software and best NEMT software will provide ways to save transit agencies time and money when setting up schedules. Offering information about the least-cost provider and most efficient routing gives dispatchers and managers the opportunity to maximize both their fleet and their resources.
2. Integrated SMS reminders:In a perfect world, all drivers would be connected to their dispatch through MDTs and integrating SMS reminders is a critical piece to that communications infrastructure. Customers should also be able to receive SMS messages in the event of changes to their planned travel or even just to provide updates on arrival times.
3. Real-time system management dashboard:The dashboard is the center of all the action, and it is the location dispatchers monitor to keep track of all scheduling, performance, cancellations, as well as issues like a mechanical problem that may arise for the drivers. Having this information available in real-time improves communication and efficiency for everyone involved; dispatchers, drivers, and customers.
4. Automated compliance checks:When a client requests a trip, the transit scheduling software automatically searches for funding source compliance before sending that information to the provider. The agency then determines whether or not to accept the trip based on the information provided by the software.Without this step, there is pain.
5. Real-time schedule optimization:Transit software that integrates real-time data gives dispatchers everything from schedule changes and cancellations to external factors such as adverse weather conditions and traffic congestion. Together, all this translates to the capability of making improvements on the fly to improve customer satisfaction and efficiently manage the fleet.
Transit software is necessary for agencies of all sizes who want to maximize their efficiency, save money, while improving their customers' experiences. The above features help agencies realize those gains.