Join Our Team
WORKING AT ECOLANE
Ecolane is an organization made up of passionate, intelligent, customer-centric people. Each team member comes from a different background experience and they are valued for their unique contributions to both their departments and to the organization as a whole. We employ people with well-rounded, diverse skill sets in areas of product and software development, customer training, support, and project management. We invite you to review our job openings and apply with a cover letter and resume to any that match your area of interest and expertise.
Ecolane is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants considered for employment are done so without regard to race, color, age, religion or creed, marital status, current employment status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, national origin, veteran or disability status.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
Who We Are
Ecolane is a fast-growing leader in web-based, transit scheduling and dispatch software. Our solution collects passenger eligibility and funding information, allows for the entry of trip requests from passengers, automatically creates schedules for efficient routing on transit vehicles, dispatches the schedules through advanced mobile data terminals, collects and communicates performance data and provides reports for local, state and national stakeholders on every aspect of the service from on-time performance to driver performance to billing information. Our platform’s key focus is to help restore community engagement to people who might not otherwise have access and mobility. This is a driving principle for the company’s strategic direction and a source of pride for the entire team. Transit is going through radical and transformative shifts right now in both the public and private sectors and Ecolane is perfectly positioned to accelerate our growth.
Why This Job Matters:
As Ecolane’s Technical Trainer, you will perform front line training and consulting using Ecolane best practices for clients throughout North America. Successful candidates will take responsibility for an array of tasks which include software training, system trouble shooting, operational consulting, and collection of data and system configuration. You will be the key point of contact once the agency begins their training and go-live support phase and be alongside key staff at the agency ensuring a successful transition to the Ecolane suite of products. The ideal candidate has a desire to positively impact lives of elderly and disabled individuals by empowering them to succeed and thrive though helping facilitate their independence and mobility. You must love to work in a fast-paced environment and be a natural problem solver, someone who can communicate effectively and takes great pride in their work.
The Skills We’re Looking For:
Experience in demonstrating technology concepts or software
Experience in the transportation industry at public or private transit agency
Experience supporting software or operations in a start-up or go-live high volume environments Dynamic speaking and ability to engage an audience actively
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Patience and ability to stay calm under pressure
Ability to manage tasks, projects and time effectively
Highly effective management of travel schedules and expense tracking and reconciliation
Who We Are:
Ecolane is the industry-leading provider of intelligent web-based paratransit scheduling software. Combining a powerful and intuitive demand response platform, Ecolane software enables transit providers to increase productivity, streamline efficiency, and provide outstanding client satisfaction. With 250+ customers in private and public transportation, Ecolane’s software processes more than 44 million rides per year. The Ecolane team is comprised of some of the most respected leaders in the transit industry. With diverse backgrounds, each member brings unique perspectives and experiences to the table, allowing Ecolane to thrive and continue to address the growing demands of transit agencies around the globe.
The Business Development Director will be working closely with the Business Development team developing opportunities for Ecolane in the transportation industry and adjacent markets. The candidate should be comfortable working with the purchasing, marketing, engineering, and compliance functions of the Transit Authorities and similar people transportation companies ( including but not limited to NEMT, On demand Transit, Uzerv, Uber Lyft and the likes) to ensure they are prepared to specify Ecolane directly or indirectly in the RFP’s RFQs and other stages of the sales cycle.
The candidate should also be able to clearly demonstrate the Value Propositions of Ecolane solutions to the target market and comfortably discuss projects from initiations to full closure.
- Manage existing client base and develop new business relationships, generate, and negotiate new income to an agreed annual target.
- Analyze the market, create and drive an action plan to execute on share gain and sales quotas.
- Manage and maintain a sales funnel and ensure all sales administration is current using HubSpot tools.
- Create and maintain all client proposals, contracts, and documentation.
- Actively and successfully manage the sales cycle: lead generation; credentials pitch; questioning; solution pitch; negotiation; close.
- Focus on key decision makers and demand drivers in the assigned territory and ensure users are specifying and demand Ecolane in their RFP’s /RFQs.
- Command a thorough understanding of client marketing objectives, including ROI objectives.
- Be comfortable selling software, understand and articulate SaaS model vs. traditional software licensing model.
- Be a self-starter, passionate about solving customer needs while making positive impact on the environment and social justice.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and /or Engineering.
- 5-7 years sales and business development experience.
- A thorough understanding of the transportation (Mass transit) local health care and or SaaS related industry strongly desired.
Qualifications, and Required Skills:
- Ability to co-ordinate the sales process by effectively providing the relevant teams with a summary of clients’ technical and marketing needs.
- Ability to identify new business opportunities using relevant research tools, sector specific targeting and cold calling.
- Ability to manage and maintain accurate and accessible tailored documentation i.e. Presentations / proposals to meet clients’ needs.
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation
- Confidence to present a tailored presentation to potential client by effectively using a range of presentation skills i.e. body language, voice tone etc.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Capable of working independently with minimum supervision.
- A positive attitude to dealing with people.
- Confident negotiator and ability to ‘close the deal’.
- Strong client management skills and ability to keep promises/manage expectations.
- Capable of hands-on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analyzing new business opportunities.
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritize tasks.
Ecolane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Why Join Us?
PERKS & BENEFITS
We make sure our employees are cared for, so their only concern at work is being productive. Some of the perks of benefits we offer to full-time staffers include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Casual dress code & ergonomic workstations
- Flexible work schedule
WORK HARD PLAY HARD
There's more to life than work! We work hard every day to meet deadlines and goals. But we also stop to enjoy life together as a team, including:
- Coming together for free lunch on Fridays, complete with games, trivia, and prizes
- Company sports outings, such as baseball, football, and ice hockey
- Company gatherings, such as game nights and social events
Culture and Outreach
Ecolane is about people and helping people stay connected with their communities, so like to stay connected and involved with our communities by:
- Spearheading food drives
- Participating in events that fund charities
- Donating to non-profits in support of worthy causes