Join Our Team
WORKING AT ECOLANE
Ecolane is an organization made up of passionate, intelligent, customer-centric people. Each team member comes from a different background experience and they are valued for their unique contributions to both their departments and to the organization as a whole. We employ people with well-rounded, diverse skill sets in areas of product and software development, customer training, support, and project management. We invite you to review our job openings and apply with a cover letter and resume to any that match your area of interest and expertise.
Ecolane is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants considered for employment are done so without regard to race, color, age, religion or creed, marital status, current employment status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, national origin, veteran or disability status.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
Who We Are
Ecolane is the industry-leading provider of intelligent web-based paratransit scheduling software. Combining a powerful and intuitive demand response platform, the Ecolane software enables transit providers to increase productivity, streamline efficiency, and provide outstanding client satisfaction. With 250+ customers in private and public transportation, Ecolane’s software processes more than 44 million rides per year. The Ecolane team is comprised of some of the most respected leaders in the transit industry. With diverse backgrounds, each member brings unique perspectives and experiences to the table, allowing Ecolane to thrive and continue to address the growing demands of transit agencies around the globe.
Position Summary: The Enterprise Sales Director will be working closely with the Business Development team developing opportunities for Ecolane in the transportation industry and adjacent markets. The candidate should be comfortable working with the purchasing, marketing, engineering, and compliance functions of the Transit Authorities and similar people transportation companies (including but not limited to NEMT, On demand Transit, UZerv, Uber Lyft and the likes) to ensure they are prepared to specify Transit-Technologies directly or indirectly in the RFP’s RFQs and other stages of the sales cycle. The candidate should also be able to clearly demonstrate the Value Propositions of Transit-Technologies solutions to the target market and comfortably discuss projects from initiation to full closure.
This position is remote the ideal location is CA, AZ, UT, WA, ID, CO, NV or OR.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage existing client base and develop new business relationships, generate, and negotiate new income to an agreed annual target.
- Analyze the market, create, and drive an action plan to execute on share gain and sales quotas.
- Manage and maintain a sales funnel and ensure all sales administration is current using HubSpot tools.
- Create and maintain all client proposals, contracts, and documentation.
- Actively and successfully manage the sales cycle: lead generation; credentials pitch; questioning; solution pitch; negotiation; close.
- Focus on key decision makers and demand drivers at channel partners and end users to generate demand within the region.
- Command a thorough understanding of client marketing objectives, including ROI objectives.
- Be comfortable selling software, understand and articulate SaaS model vs. traditional software licensing model.
- Be a self-starter, passionate about solving customer needs while making a positive impact on the environment and social justice.
- Bachelor’s degree in business and /or Engineering.
- 5-7 years sales and business development experience.
- A thorough understanding of the transportation (Mass transit) local health care and or SaaS related industry strongly desired. Qualifications, and Required Skills:
- Ability to co-ordinate the sales process by effectively providing the relevant teams with a summary of clients’ technical and marketing needs.
- Ability to identify new business opportunities using relevant research tools, sector specific targeting and cold calling.
- Ability to manage and maintain accurate and accessible tailored documentation i.e., Presentations / proposals to meet clients’ needs.
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Capable of working independently with minimum supervision.
- A positive attitude to dealing with people.
- Confident negotiator and ability to ‘close the deal’.
- Strong client management skills and ability to keep promises/manage expectations.
- Capable of hands-on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analyzing new business opportunities.
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits – Including great Teladoc benefits.
- Company provided life insurance & additional supplemental options.
- 401K Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off - Including paid vacation & a floating holiday, sick days, and an annual employee “Volunteer Day.”
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customers and business records and any other information that Ecolane classifies as confidential.
Ecolane is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Who We Are
Ecolane is a fast-growing leader in web-based, transit scheduling and dispatch software. Our solution collects passenger eligibility and funding information, allows for the entry of trip requests from passengers, automatically creates schedules for efficient routing on transit vehicles, dispatches the schedules through advanced mobile data terminals, collects and communicates performance data and provides reports for local, state and national stakeholders on every aspect of the service from on-time performance to driver performance to billing information. Our platform’s key focus is to help restore community engagement to people who might not otherwise have access and mobility. This is a driving principle for the company’s strategic direction and a source of pride for the entire team. Transit is going through radical and transformative shifts right now in both the public and private sectors and Ecolane is perfectly positioned to accelerate our growth.
Why This Job Matters:
As Ecolane’s Technical Trainer, you will perform front line training and consulting using Ecolane best practices for clients throughout North America. Successful candidates will take responsibility for an array of tasks which include software training, system trouble shooting, operational consulting, and collection of data and system configuration. You will be the key point of contact once the agency begins their training and go-live support phase and be alongside key staff at the agency ensuring a successful transition to the Ecolane suite of products. The ideal candidate has a desire to positively impact lives of elderly and disabled individuals by empowering them to succeed and thrive though helping facilitate their independence and mobility. You must love to work in a fast-paced environment and be a natural problem solver, someone who can communicate effectively and takes great pride in their work.
The Skills We’re Looking For:
Experience in demonstrating technology concepts or software
Experience in the transportation industry at public or private transit agency
Experience supporting software or operations in a start-up or go-live high volume environments Dynamic speaking and ability to engage an audience actively
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Patience and ability to stay calm under pressure
Ability to manage tasks, projects and time effectively
Highly effective management of travel schedules and expense tracking and reconciliation
We are in GROWTH MODE and looking for the next superstar to join us in our NEW SALES OFFICE IN BOOMING UPTOWN CHARLOTTE, NC!
Ecolane is the most flexible, affordable and reliable choice for transit agencies looking for transit software solutions. Our easy-to-deploy, on-demand scheduling and dispatching platform empowers transit agencies to provide safe, accessible, and equitable transportation alternatives to people who might not otherwise have community access and mobility.
We are a technology leader in the U.S., Canada and other international markets serving both public and private transit sectors. Ecolane delivers solutions for paratransit, NEMT, campus, government and other forward-thinking transit agencies of all sizes. With the ultimate goal of providing management teams with superior technological solutions that work to increase productivity, maximize efficiency, and improve the rider experience, Ecolane develops superior transit software to enable agencies to meet rising rider demands. Our continued innovation in the industry is a result of our supportive and dynamic relationships with our customers, as we work and learn together to improve mobility services.
It’s about bringing people together and connecting them with their communities safely, quickly, and efficiently. With the use of the rider-facing Ecolane mobile app, riders can manage their own schedules and enjoy mobility independence.
- Competitive salary and sale commission's structure
- Generate appointments by means of proactive outbound prospecting
- Work directly with sales and marketing to discover opportunities from leads
- Demonstrate and teach strong selling and influencing skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Hungry, Self-Starter, Coachable, Team Player
- Strong communication and time management skills
Director of Business Development
About the job
Ecolane stands as the foremost provider of intelligent web-based paratransit scheduling software in the industry. By integrating a robust and user-friendly demand response platform, Ecolane's software empowers transit providers to enhance productivity, streamline efficiency, and deliver exceptional client satisfaction. With a customer base exceeding 200 in both private and public transportation sectors, Ecolane's software processes over 44 million rides annually. The Ecolane team comprises esteemed leaders from diverse backgrounds, each contributing unique perspectives to address the evolving needs of transit agencies worldwide.
The Product Owner holds a distinctive position, bridging the realms of business and technology. They adeptly communicate with both organizations, ensuring alignment on strategies and requirements for the product. The Product Owner narrates Ecolane's product story to key stakeholders, promoting its mission and function, while also providing clear direction to developers on feature implementation. Rejecting the status quo, the Product Owner fosters innovation in both product and processes, contributing to Ecolane's strategic understanding and product roadmap development. They define performance metrics and predictors to ensure continual product success, collaborate cross-functionally for automation and innovation opportunities, and mentor team members for technical and professional growth.
- Thoroughly understand the industry and trends guiding the Ecolane roadmap.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, Product Managers, UX Designers, and Product Architects to incorporate new features into the product roadmap.
- Draft user stories and collaborate with development teams to refine acceptance criteria for new requirements.
- Organize and prioritize the product backlog, aligning with roadmap milestones and committed timelines.
- Actively participate in Agile/Scrum ceremonies and lead end-of-sprint product demonstrations.
- Distribute release notes and documentation, and support the creation of training, change management, and marketing materials.
- Build strong relationships with customers, stakeholders, and team members.
- Foster innovation conversations across product and development teams.
- Collaborate with the User Experience team to map out workflows and identify areas for automation.
- Ensure product quality and performance meet user expectations.
- Maintain comprehensive product and technical documentation.
- Understand how to measure and drive business value, collaborating with data teams to define metrics and ensure availability of KPIs and reports on product performance and usability.
- Provide timely updates to management and teams on ongoing initiatives.
- Fulfill other duties assigned by supervisory personnel.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education:
- Strong leadership, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Robust problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to make decisions based on available information.
- Effective teamwork and conflict resolution skills.
- Positive attitude, innovation, and goal-oriented mindset.
- Proficiency in Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Office, and other role-specific tools.
- Ability to run data queries for product-related KPI reporting and metrics.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in a remote environment.
- Quick learning and adaptability to evolving industry and company requirements.
- Understanding of technical concepts and tools relevant to the role.
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet time-sensitive deliverables.
- Critical oral and written communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology-related discipline required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of previous experience in a Product Owner role required.
- Previous transportation experience desired.
Why Join Us?
PERKS & BENEFITS
We make sure our employees are cared for, so their only concern at work is being productive. Some of the perks of benefits we offer to full-time staffers include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Casual dress code & ergonomic workstations
- Flexible work schedule
WORK HARD PLAY HARD
There's more to life than work! We work hard every day to meet deadlines and goals. But we also stop to enjoy life together as a team, including:
- Coming together for free lunch on Fridays, complete with games, trivia, and prizes
- Company sports outings, such as baseball, football, and ice hockey
- Company gatherings, such as game nights and social events
Culture and Outreach
Ecolane is about people and helping people stay connected with their communities, so like to stay connected and involved with our communities by:
- Spearheading food drives
- Participating in events that fund charities
- Donating to non-profits in support of worthy causes