The latest policy update took effect on May 25, 2018. The changes ensure that we are compliant with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Ecolane is absolutely committed to the protection of your privacy and personal data. This page explains the ‘how’ and ‘why’ of the information we collect on ecolane.com. We’ve tried to write it as clearly and openly as possible. If you have any questions at all about this page or our policy, please feel free to send an email to email@example.com.
What Information Does Ecolane Collect?
Upon entering the website, you’re given the option to accept or decline the collection of personal information. Ecolane collects information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, our blog, register for a product demonstration and/or when requesting access to custom content like downloadable case studies and white papers. For visitors who would like to receive this information, but feel uncomfortable sharing specific information, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business. Personal information can also include information about any transactions that you enter into on the website, and information about you that is available on the Internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers.
Personal information also includes navigational information where such information can directly or indirectly identify an individual. Navigational information refers to information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed.
Navigational Information & Log Files
When you view content provided by us, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times and referring website addresses. We link this automatically-collected data to personal information such as name, email address, street address, and phone number.
What Does Ecolane Use Your Information For?
There are a number of scenarios that define how Ecolane uses the information collected from our site visitors. They include:
- To improve our website: We are always working to improve and enhance our website content based, in part, on the information and feedback we receive from visitors. As an example, customer feedback provided Ecolane with a content strategy to build our blog.
- To improve customer service: The information collected from customers helps us to more effectively respond to service requests and support needs. As an example, customer requests for video tutorials led to the creation of a video library for Ecolane’s products and services.
- To send emails: The email addresses provided on ecolane.com’s various contact forms might be used to send follow-up information, industry updates, product and service information and similar material. However, we are people, too, and we are in the business of providing world-class transit software solutions, NOT spam. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from a mailing or opt-out of all subsequent communications, we include detailed instructions at the bottom of each email. In the event you received an Ecolane mailing without subscribing, please let us know at email@example.com and we’ll be sure to investigate why that happened.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
Ecolane implements a variety of security measures to maintain the privacy of any personal information collected on the site. Note that we do not collect any financial or health information on this site, either. Our web publishing platform uses industry standard TLS encryption with a 2,048 bit key, with application enforced authentication, to protect data that is being exchanged from our website to the data centers in which we’re hosted.
How Long Do We Retain Personal Information?
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain personal information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as long as is required in order to contact you about our services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we securely delete the information or anonymize it or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request, as described in "Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information" below.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using your Ecolane account. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period from the date of time such information was created.
Google’s privacy: http://google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
HubSpot’s privacy: http://www.hubspot.com/legal/privacy-policy
If you would like additional information about cookies and how to block them, delete them or better control them, a number of resources online provide a much better overview than what we could do here. As an example, aboutcookies.org is considered a credible resource.
Do We Disclose Any Information to Outside Parties?
Ecolane does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer any customer or personally identifiable information collected on this site to any third-party beyond the trusted organizations involved in helping us manage our online presence. These companies assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, and agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be shared to other parties for marketing, advertising, or similar communication uses. As an example, Ecolane could give a presentation about the effectiveness of our website and reference the number of site visits we receive or the length of time someone might spend on ecolane.com. What we would never do is reference identifiable information and Ecolane most certainly DOES NOT share email addresses we might collect on our website.
Occasionally, Ecolane may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies (like the ones linked above). Obviously, we have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We comply with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
940 West Valley Road
Wayne, PA 19087
Ecolane USA provides the www.ecolane.com Web site as a service to the public and Web site owners.
Ecolane USA is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this Web site is correct, complete, and up-to-date. Although the Ecolane USA Web site may include links providing direct access to other Internet resources, including Web sites, Ecolane USA is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites.
Links from Ecolane USA to third-party sites do not constitute an endorsement by Ecolane USA of the parties or their products and services.