Core Engine JAVA Developer (Ecolane Finland)
Core Engine JAVA Developer (Espoo, Finland)
Who We Are
Ecolane is a fast-growing leader in web-based, transit scheduling and dispatch software. We have over 10 years of experience developing our product. Our solution collects passenger eligibility and funding information, allows for the entry of trip requests from passengers, automatically creates schedules for efficient routing on transit vehicles, dispatches the schedules through advanced mobile data terminals, collects and communicates performance data and provides reports for local, state and national stakeholders on every aspect of the service from on-time performance to driver performance to billing information.
Transit is going through radical and transformative shifts right now in both the public and private sectors and Ecolane is perfectly positioned to accelerate our growth. Our North American headquarters outside Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and our European headquarters Espoo, Finland represent our growing international presence. It is an excellent time to join us
Why This Job Matters
Ecolane’s core Java product is a large evolving platform used by over 100 customers in the U.S. The constant product development and platform improvements require more resources for our rapidly growing business.
One of the main functionalities in Ecolane core product is trip optimization. As a Java developer you will be responsible for trip optimization within the core product. Your work would also include analyzing system performance and usage data to provide information for product development decisions. Your will be joining a team of talented and enthusiastic people, where each person takes both pride in and responsibility for making our product even better. You should be willing to solve tricky problems on your own but have no fear of communicating with others or questioning the existing solutions.
What This Job Will Entail:
- Implementing new features based on customer needs to the core product
- Analyzing trip optimizing processes
- Prototyping new trip optimizing features
- Improving existing algorithms
- Technical specifications and documenting
The Skills We're Looking For:
- Excellent problem solving skills
- System analysis skills
- Understanding & evaluation of different algorithms
- Java performance and performance optimization
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Good communication skills in English
If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing and profitable company, please submit your resumé with cover letter with the subject line "Core Engine Java Developer" to email@example.com. Please include information about any additional skills, languages spoken, etc.
Thank you for your interest in Ecolane.