Support Specialist (Wayne, PA)
Who We Are
Ecolane is a fast-growing leader in web-based, transit scheduling and dispatch software. Our solution collects passenger eligibility and funding information, allows for the entry of trip requests from passengers, automatically creates schedules for efficient routing on transit vehicles, dispatches the schedules through advanced mobile data terminals, collects and communicates performance data and provides reports for local, state and national stakeholders on every aspect of the service from on-time performance to driver performance to billing information.
Transit is going through radical and transformative shifts right now in both the public and private sectors and Ecolane is perfectly positioned to accelerate our growth. Our North American headquarters outside Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and our European headquarters near Helsinki, Finland represent our growing international presence. It is an excellent time to join us.
Why This Job Matters
As an Ecolane Support Specialist, you will be a vital link in the software development, testing and implementation process by facilitating communication between clients, developers, system administrators and technical trainers. The responsibilities of this position include providing written and over-the-phone support for clients, investigating and reporting issues, testing new software functionality and helping configure customized software deployments. The ideal candidate loves to work in a fast-paced environment and is a natural problem solver, someone who can communicate complex technological problems and takes pride in making the customer happy. This is a great position for someone looking to dive into the software industry with exposure to many different concepts and coding languages.
What This Job Will Entail:
- Responding to written tickets and phone calls from customers – this can entail educating customer’s on how to use the software or diagnosing reported issues in the system
- Helping to configure a highly customizable software package
- Investigating, analyzing and documenting issues and enhancements as reported by the client
- Performing testing and training of new features and fixes developed for each release
The Skills We're Looking For:
- Ability to communicate complex issues to multiple audiences
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Patience and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to meet established timelines
- Understanding of basic database and logic concepts
- System testing
- GIS familiarity
- Problem solving
- Presenting technical information
- Exceptional reading and writing skills
- Experience in telephone support with a high level of customer interaction
- Comprehension and use of MySQL (or equivalent)
- Customer service representative in a technical-related industry
- Linux familiarity
- Basic comprehension of software concepts
If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing and profitable company, please submit your resumé with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include information about any additional skills, languages spoken, etc. Thank you for your interest in Ecolane.